For 100 years boats have utilized the San Sebastian river. This 1.6 acre property on the San Sebastian–almost touching our landmark city entrance sign–awaits being brought into modern age. The Sarris family, St. Augustine’s original shrimp boat building family, is now offering this parcel which has served them since the 1930s. Expansive views exist on both fronts of Oyster Creek and the San Sebastian with shrimp boats passing daily, and to the east a view of downtown St. Augustine in the distance.
A new hotel has just opened to the north, and the marina to the south is being revitalized. How will you transform this parcel?
- One of last remaining waterfront properties with riparian rights intact.
- Direct access to Intracoastal and inlet.
- Property is zoned PUD with Residential Medium Density Mixed Use, with maximum build height 50 feet above grade.
- 2 minutes from downtown.
- High traffic U.S. 1 site, with traffic estimated to exceed 40,000 cars daily.
- Currently hottest development area near downtown St Augustine.
- 2 small businesses on site (restaurant and fruit stand), as well as billboard advertising.
- This parcel is offered at $1.5 Million.
Information comes from public records and past conversations with City of St. Augustine city government. Buyer to verify all zoning and measurements.
On closer examination one can’t help but notice the commercial possibilities of this location, with it having one of the highest traffic counts in our city (exceeding 40,000 cars daily). Additionally, in 1960 the Sarris family had the foresight to purchase from the state of Florida the submerged land rights to this parcel. You can now utilize some of St. Augustine’s best maritime heritage and history which exists on this little jewel, and just imagine what your contribution utilizing this unique water & land space will be. The spot is currently underutilized with two small businesses: It awaits, what will you do with it? How will you re-imagine this amazing location?
Contact Sean Hess at 904-386-8327 or Sean@StAugTeam.com with any questions.