For 100 years boats have utilized the San Sebastian river. This 1.6 acre property on the San Sebastian–almost touching our landmark city entrance sign–awaits being brought into modern age. The Sarris family, St. Augustine’s original shrimp boat building family, is now offering this parcel which has served them since the 1930s. Expansive views exist on both fronts of Oyster Creek and the San Sebastian with shrimp boats passing daily, and to the east a view of downtown St. Augustine in the distance.
This spot is obviously underutilized, and in one of the hottest commercial corridors of the city. A new hotel has just opened to the north, and the marina to the south is being revitalized. How will you transform this parcel?
- One of last remaining waterfront properties with riparian rights intact.
- Direct access to Intracoastal and inlet.
- Property is zoned Planned Unit Development (PUD) with future land use (FULU) Commercial Low and Medium Density Mixed Use (FULU seems to be split across the parcel), with maximum build height 50 feet above grade. As a point of comparison, the new TRYP Hotel nearby shows PUD zoning and Residential Low / Mixed Use FULU.
- Marinas on each side (River’s Edge and English Landing).
- 2 minutes from downtown.
- High traffic U.S. 1 site, with traffic estimated to exceed 40,000 cars daily (2016).
- Direct access from U.S. 1 (Ponce de Leon Ave) and side access via Lewis Street.
- 2 small businesses on site; restaurant ($1800 / month) and fruit stand (figure not available), as well as billboard advertising that generates $8,500 annually.
- 1.64 acres more-or-less (includes riparian).
- This parcel is offered at $1.5 Million.
Information comes from public records and past conversations with City of St. Augustine city government. Buyer to verify all zoning, future land use, and measurements.
Contact Sean Hess at 904-386-8327 or Sean@StAugTeam.com with any questions.